Thursday, November 6, 2008

What is a literary website?






To be completely honest with everyone, I do not have a favorite literary website. I sat in front of my computer trying to think of one, but ended up just watching the Karate Kid, which happens to be on AMC right now. Then, when I snapped out of my Ralph Macchio trans, I realized that everything and anything can be literature. I agree with Melanie completely on this one.

So through my contemplating, I decided to share my favorite website that has actually inspired me to write stories and poems: Post Secret. http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

This website has been a big favorite of mine for a few years. It is a place where people can get artistic and share their secrets anonymously. Sometimes the secrets are so shocking that they really make you think about life. Other times, they are so funny, that they just make your day better. And the best is when you read one that you totally relate to and you realize that you are not alone.

Recently, Post Secret has been made into two or three books, where they have printed out the best secrets that have been posted over the years. The wealth of ideas and thoughts that surround the Post Secret world are amazing and inspiring. Many of my stories and poems have evolved from other peoples' inspiring secrets. Post Secret helps to get me through my own life.

Daniel is learning how to punch now... finally. I'm gonna go back to that, but I'm glad I could share my favorite not-quite-literature literary website with all of you.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Post Secret is a phenom. Very cool. But the picture above--I thought it was Audrey Hepburn at first!