Thursday, October 23, 2008

Your Friends Will Defend the Silver Lining

I don't think there is a book or story that has "saved my life" per say, but music always captures me in a way that I can not explain. No matter what mood I am in or what I am feeling at any given moment, music can "save" me. It can make me feel better about a situation, or make me realize things that I have never realized before. I'm a sucker for lyrics, and they are in fact a simple form of poetry set to music. I want to share a song that recently saved me from a form of dispair. It came on my Zune in my car when it was on shuffle one day, and it was a song I had listen to a million times before. At that moment, though I realized I had listened to it previously, I finally HEARD it. Since that day, this song can uplift my mood at any time and it will ALWAYS make me cry no matter what kind of mood I'm in.

Sometimes you lose someone in your life and it crushes you, but in those moments, you find comfort in the people that have always been there for you.

---------------------------------------------

THE HEART OF LIFE
by John Mayer

I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears
And listen

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

You know, it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But, then your circle of friends
Will defend the silver lining

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good"

---------------------------------------------

I have realized that I sometimes take my friends for granted. There are 2 girls who will always be there for me no matter what happens in my life. They proved it to me recently and this song made me realize it. <3

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Well done--I tried to respond to this last week but it got lost in the shuffle. I've been waiting for someone to write about music. NOt that that was the assignment....