Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why I don't go to readings.

The reason that I do not go to poetry readings or literary readings is the same reason that I do not watch DVDs with commentary. When I read, I like to make my own opinions out of things and go from there. I actually never want the input of the author. I feel that that can ruin any personal experience I may have from a book.

Poetry and Fiction are fun to figure out on your own. If you have someone telling you what it is all about and the method behind the madness, then it takes the fun out of it for the readers. Any time that I have been told what a piece is about, I have hated it. Any time I have figured out, on my own, what I think a piece is about, I've enjoyed it much much more.

SO, if you want me to read anything that you have written, then don't tell me why you wrote. Don't discuss it with me. I don't wanna hear from you. I'll figure it out.

No comments: